RESIDENT SPOTLIGHT – Richard Donohoe
September 23, 2022
Where did you grow up?
- I was born and spent my early years in Rockford, Illinois, then Cincinnati Ohio. Retired to the coast of Maine. My late wife and I spent half a day in Charleston. I was really impressed by the beautiful Architecture.
Tell us about your career.
- I am a retired Architect. I spent 50 years practicing Architecture in the New York metro area. I earned my degree from the University of Illinois. I was a sole practitioner. I worked for in the NY office of a California firm and lived on Long island.
Tell us about your family
- I have 3 children. My youngest son and his family live on Johns Island. My daughter lives in upstate NY and my oldest son lives in NY city.
What hobbies do you enjoy?
- I was an avid hiker of the Acadia National Park in Maine and an avid walker on the lower peninsula of Charleston.
What do you love about Charleston?
- I love the culture, food and history.
What have you enjoyed about Kempton so far?
- I love the friendliness of the residents and staff.